18.8.14

It Depends on Your Perspective



Apropos nothing in particular other than art & design, I love this series of photos by Duane Michals titled "Things Are Queer" (1973). There's an article about it by Jonathan Wienberg over here.

It gave me a rush the first time I saw it (and subsequently as well). I want HM to publish books that elicit that same response (which the ones by Claudia & Barbara typically do). I cannot decide if it's odd that almost all of the art that inspires me comes from outside the realm of books and printing.

The recent post about printing with steamrollers seemed widely popular, so next week we'll have a follow-up: a more detailed description of exactly how the printing was done, from inking thru driving, plus a comparison of methods with Seattle's big print event earlier this month.